Pages

August 4, 2014

Oh, the Colors!

The miracle of color in the movie of Oz


I wrote this weekend!  I made progress on the YA novel! Woo hoo!!

It's been a long dry spell where I couldn't bring myself to get anything on the page, and there's nothing that'll drag you under faster as a writer than not getting the work done. As so many writers say: writing is what keeps me sane.

I'm drawn into the world.  When you first try to write, the world is wooden and dead to you, but the more you think about it and the more you write, the more it comes alive.  It's like the real world fades into the background and the world you're creating goes technicolor.  The world you're creating becomes more real than the real world. Writing is like reading only much moreso.

Hence, the Oz images.  Can you imagine?! Seeing films in black and white and then all of a sudden ~ Wham! ~ there is fabulous color for the first time?  It must've been just amazing.  The images on the screen not only matched the world around; they were moreso, a heightened reality.  Wow.

And that's what it's like to write.  You're inner world goes technicolor.

No comments: