Pages

March 27, 2012

This American Dream

I don’t usually blog politics, but here we are.


Exhibit A.  A state where people work hard and are able to achieve a home of their own, food on the table, a good job, a retirement, a healthy life.  The very old and the very young are taken care of, and there is room for love.


Exhibit B.  A state where life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness means life for me, liberty for me, and my pursuit of happiness, screw you.  Might makes right, and I am the exception to the rule.  Old people don't matter.  Young people don't matter.  American Exceptionalism gone mad.  And not only that, I have the right for it to be free, at no cost to me.

It seems as if, in these debates over tax and health care reform, the American Dream has morphed from A to B.  Which makes me very sad.

2 comments: